From: Ben Okopnik
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2012 9:37 AM
To: liveaboard@liveaboardonline.com
Subject: Re: [Liveaboard] Battery Pulsers for Sale

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 11:02:23AM -0500, SteveW wrote:
> We fared okay with the exception of a bimini deck fitting which pulled
> out.
> I can rout out, epoxy, and re-drill and re-attach myself without making
> any
> insurance claim.

Glad to hear it, Steve! It seems that all my friends in the Northeast
got away, some with a few scratches, but everyone is OK. Whew.

Cold as it may sound to people who just lost property, etc., stuff can
be replaced. People aren't quite so fungible. I am indeed sorry for
those who have lost things, but... frankly, until I managed to contact
all my friends, I felt like there was a heavy stone on my heart. I had
at least exchanged email with Steve and knew that he was more or less OK
- only the status of the boat was in question - but it took me at least
two weeks to get in touch with some of the people that I cared about
(phone taking a dive overboard while I was cruising didn't help), and I
was NOT a happy camper during that time.

Ben
--
                       OKOPNIK CONSULTING
        Custom Computing Solutions For Your Business

To search the archives
http://www.mail-archive.com/liveaboard@liveaboardnow.org

The Mailman Users Guide can be found here
http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-member/index.html