On 01/11/2021 13:53, Sebastian Arcus via Liverpool wrote:

This is kind of interesting. It shows that I have a bunch of gaps to fill in my general knowledge when it comes to wireless networking :-) When I asked on the list about mesh networking, I was referring to 802.11 based mesh networks - the sort of high-throughput links which would be useful for general computing tasks (i.e. browsing the Internet). On the other hand, the low power, low data rate and possibly long distance mesh networking used with IoT devices is also an interesting topic, come to think of it - so I'm looking forward to any opportunity to learn about it as well :-)

Awesome - exactly! And I have gaps on what you're talking about because when I talk about mesh in my head I am usually thinking about low bandwidth and switches and sensor readings and suchlike :)

Something else playing in here that I know little about is 5G and where NB-IoT fits in at the low bandwidth end of that specification and what fits at the high bandwidth / low latency end.

I have been talking to people about the 5G future in which we deploy containers into data-cubes based at the edge of the 5G network into the cell hardware itself. Would love to understand this in more depth.

Was vaguely wondering if I could get somebody in for IoT Liverpool when that restarts. Maybe we could consider some kind of joint event?

Lots to talk about it seems!

Cheers,

Alex