Todd, I've had to disable the new result formatter as it was not
working with the expected timeout logic we have for the old one. The
old XTIMEOUT code is a massive hack and I will be extremely glad when
we get rid of it, but we can't keep our buildbot red until then, so
I've switched it off.

I am ready to start working on this, but I wanted to run this idea
here first. I thought we could have a test annotation like:
@expectedTimeout(oslist=["linux"], ...)

Then, when the child runner would encounter this annotation, it would
set a flag in the "test is starting" message indicating that this test
may time out. Then if the test really times out, the parent would know
about this, and it could avoid flagging the test as error.

Alternatively, if we want to avoid the proliferation test result
states, we could key this off the standard @expectedFailure
annotation, then a "time out" would become just another way it which a
test can fail, and XTIMEOUT would become XFAIL.

What do you think ?

pl

PS: I am pretty new to this part of code, so any pointers you have
towards implementing this would be extremely helpful.