Zachary, all,

after overcoming some problems, mostly unrelated to MSVC, we have
finally managed to switch to VS2015. I think that means there are no
more VS2013 users remaining. Given that, shall we start the process to
formally allow c++ features, which were blocked due to VS2013 until
now? I am mostly thinking about thread-safe function-static variable
initialization and alias templates here...

what do you think?
pl