Op 2016-04-04 om 20:41 schreef Greg Clayton:

On Apr 4, 2016, at 11:36 AM, Carlo Kok <c...@remobjects.com> wrote:

There should be a way then to do a "break on every exception", instead of just
1 specific code.

That would be easy with the --exception-name:

(lldb) breakpoint set --exception-name=all

and some way for the api to get the payload (which can have a variable number
of parameters)

What are you thinking here? Example?

I have a frontend language (and I imagine lots of others have one) where I can throw exceptions. Windows has no predefined way of how an exception object is formatted, you give it a list of pointer sized ints and a count, and that's what it fills the exception object with, for example I pass:
[0] Return address
[1] frame pointer
[2] Class instance of the exception object
with my custom exception code.

msvc does the same with completely different values. Other languages will have their own values. When using the api I would want access to the code (To know of it's mine, these are the cods Zachery Turner mentioned) and the payload (to get access to the object) so that I show what exception occurred and turn it into a string representation.

---
Carlo Kok
RemObjects Software