I don't think you need to concern yourself with that comment. We
should make the dependency graph cleaner, but that is not something
related to your current problem.

IIUC, in case of a standalone build, you can assume that the relevant
target was already built, and you don't need to add it to the
dependency list. So, you should just be able to wrap that statement in
an if(). Ideally something like IF(LLDB_STANDALONE_BUILD), but it that
is not possible IF(TARGET libclang) will work as well...

pl