On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 11:27 AM Adrian McCarthy via lldb-dev
<lldb-dev@lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> A recent change is causing several LLDB tests on Windows to fail and several
> more to time out, which I intend to look into.
>
> It appears the timeout period is set to 600 seconds (10 minutes), which seems
> excessive and causes the Windows build bot to spend lots of time waiting.
> (e.g.,
> http://lab.llvm.org:8011/builders/lldb-x64-windows-ninja/builds/7819/steps/test/logs/stdio)
>
> Is there a reason why the timeouts are set that long?  What would be a
> reasonable value?

It's just a number picked after some observation of the testsuite behaviour.
Historically there were some tests taking 3-5minutes to run to I think
the rationale was  (2*[max_duration_single_test]), but lots of things
changed so maybe can be revisited.
Also, I'm under the impression given the test suite uses lit,
individual bots can override the value.

--
Davide