Hey everyone,

Over the course of the past year, I've come to the conclusion that the
reproducers still require a non-trivial amount of investment to reach
production quality. Unfortunately, I don't have the bandwidth to make that
happen.

Reproducers are inherently all-or-nothing: they either faithfully reproduce
the issue or they don't. There is no middle ground and we've seen that the
smallest bug or shortcoming in LLDB's reproducer infrastructure can render
a reproducer useless. At the same time, the information that's part of the
reproducer is generally valuable in and by itself. The list of commands,
the executable and symbol files are often things we need during an
investigation.

My plan is to transform the reproducers into something that resembles a
sysdiagnose on Apple platforms: an archive containing a variety of
information to help diagnose a bug, but without the machinery to
automatically reproduce the bug. This essentially means keeping a subset of
the "capture" side of the reproducer infrastructure but dropping
the "replay" part.

Unless anyone objects and volunteers to maintain (and improve) the current
reproducer functionality, I'm going to move in the direction outlined above
and start ripping out the parts of the reproducers that don't serve their
new purpose.

Cheers,
Jonas