On 11/21/2014 12:18 PM, Alexandru Badicioiu wrote:
Hi,
the scheduling tests in odp_example were discussed some time ago and
there was an agreement, at least for FSL and TI platforms, that fair
scheduling assumed by the following loop:
for (i = 0; i < QUEUE_ROUNDS; i++) {
                buf = odp_schedule_one(&queue, ODP_SCHED_WAIT);

                if (odp_queue_enq(queue, buf)) {
                        ODP_ERR("  [%i] Queue enqueue failed.\n", thr);
                        return -1;
                }
        }

for an ATOMIC queue doesn't make sense as the behavior of an ATOMIC
hardware queue is to be scheduled to the same core as long as there are
packets in the queue and the core has room to dequeue them (other
platforms please confirm or infirm). On my specific platform I can force
this with a particular HW configuration, but this configuration
effectively disables the use of POLL queues.
I think we need scheduling tests for the most general case (SYNC_NONE
and no assumption about how many buffers are scheduled to a particular
core).

I agree. Tests should not assume fair scheduling.