On 11/21/2014 02:15 PM, Maxim Uvarov wrote:
On 11/21/2014 03:45 AM, Bill Fischofer wrote:
OK, I'm confused here.  The patches to effect API changes are large
because they need to change three things:

1. The .h files that define the API.
2. The revised implementation of the API.
3. The example/test programs that use the API.

None of these can be separated and result in a buildable system.
However when I first submitted one of these changes I was told it was
too large and needed to be broken up, which is why they're now being
posted in parts for review convenience.

That is very common situation. It's better to provide small patches for
review. And I can merge them on applying.
To give me a hint that several patches have to be merged together you
can name them like this:
"test/example changes for v1.0 buffer pool APIs - part1: API"
"test/example changes for v1.0 buffer pool APIs - part2: Implementation"
"test/example changes for v1.0 buffer pool APIs - part3: Tests"

I don't think it is a good idea.
How will you merge commit messages and Reviewed-by tags?

Patches should be reviewed in the same way they are going to be merged.
If smaller patch is needed than this patch can be split by functional changes, but not by directories it touches.

1. Update odp_buffer_pool_create() API everywhere.
2. Add odp_buffer_pool_destroy().
3. Add odp_buffer_pool_info().

The last two are small and may be squashed.