On 11/25/2014 03:06 PM, Bala Manoharan wrote:
Yes. But for testing the basic pktio APIs which I believe is Maxim's
requirement it can be done using loopback interface (configuring a HW
interface as loop is an implementation detail) so that there is no need
for any HW configuration as such while running the validation suite.

I'm not sure what you are arguing to, but I agree that loopback should be enough for basic pktio API verification.

Packet classifier testing can be done using an example program which
will receive packet from a HW interface.

Verification tests should be done as self-contained applications.
So classification tests should also use a loopback interface.