On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 04:47:59PM -0400, Mike Holmes wrote:
> I simultaneously ran two independent  instances of odp with "make check"
> and neither had an issue, one had this patch the other did not.
>
> At the same time I used the ./build.sh script from the cleanup branch of
> https://git.linaro.org/people/anders.roxell/check-odp.git and it was
> pointed at a patched repo
> It failed consistently as before

Bah. I can reproduce that failure myself now.

That problem is because build.sh runs ./configure && make && make check
outside of the source tree, which only works if all of the executables
required by "make check" are produced by "make", and that's not the case
for odp_pktio_run. I'll have a think about the best way to resolve that.

> PASS: odp_errno
> FAIL: odp_pktio_run
> make[5]: Entering directory
> '/home/mike/git/check-odp/build/odp/testdir/test/validation'
> make[5]: Nothing to be done for 'all'.
> make[5]: Leaving directory
> '/home/mike/git/check-odp/build/odp/testdir/test/validation'
> Testsuite summary for OpenDataPlane 1.0.0
> # TOTAL: 18
> # PASS:  17
> # SKIP:  0
> # XFAIL: 0
> # FAIL:  1
> # XPASS: 0
> # ERROR: 0
>

> I don't know why this should be because I ran my local instances with the
> script
> for i in {1..10}; do make clean check -e; done
> and the build.sh uses
> make check -e - but obviously it does this after building from scratch
> downloading the repo etc each time so it does fewer iterations
>
> So I think the new approach is a better idea, and it does not appear to
> hurt, but it does not help the original use case of the scrip tin CI.

I think this patch should still go in though.

--
Stuart.