Hi Barry,
thanks for all these details and explanations.
Regarding enhanced API for finding HW configurations those are meant to
help in creating portable HW-accelerated applications. The changes may be
modest but the goal is not, I think.
A high level description of these changes :
- set egress of a TM system independently of creation
- get capabilities of a given level in a HW TM system, motivated by the
fact that different levels may have different features
- introduce a maximum and minimum level of levels for a TM systems
- not an API change per-se, but I think it's necessary to clearly document
that the TM tree creation may not be possible in any order , so that a
level N node  should be completely configured before it's N+1 level
children are created
- changing TM queue parameters after configuration may not be always
possible
- updating a shared profile may not always update all objects (TM nodes)
which use that profile
- allow local priorities, configurable or not by the user
- clarify use of sched params for case when odp_tm_queue_sched_config is
used - in this case the only first weight in the sched_weight array should
be considered by the implementation (cannot have multiple weights on a
single TM queue). However, another question is what is the best way to
configure different weights on different queues (with the same prio) - use
a new profile, use odp_tm_sched_params_update ?

Thanks,
Alex