Hi,

I have the same issue with our implementation.
I usually either work from the git diff of linux generic before and post update
and backport changed or to a diff of the diff of linux-generic vs mppa platform
before and after the merge.
Theoretically the diff you be clode to void (except line changed) once you
backport everything.

I've looked a bit around and if your code is close enough to the official one
(ours start to be quite different on many files), you can try something like
this:
MBOX=$(mktemp); (cd platform/linux-generic/ && git format-patch --relative
COMMIT1..COMMIT2 --stdout -- . > $MBOX) && git am -3 --directory platform/dpdk/
$MBOX

It will try to apply all the patches that went into the linux-generic file into
the dpdk platform.
It seems to work OK although I can see a lot of conflicts (trying to merge API

I'll give it a try when master gets few commits in linux-generic post 1.6

Nicolas