Hi all,

Our problem is about shmem usage so far. After some discussions we believe we have an acceptable solution: add a new flag to odp_shm_reserve(). So far we have ODP_SHM_SW_ONLY and ODP_SHM_PROC, we would like to add something like ODP_SHM_NONCOHERENT or similar. It would allow to keep the default as it is today (and we will support it) but would allow for optimizations where it is performance sensitive. We can discuss the issue during the call and post a patch quickly if everybody agree.

By the way, what is the exact semantic of ODP_SHM_SW_ONLY and ODP_SHM_PROC? From what I can see ODP_SHM_PROC relates to use MAP_ANONYMOUS vs shm_open(), so mainly publishes the name of the mapping (so other processes can use it) and I suspect that ODP_SHM_SW_ONLY relates to things like DMA cache-coherency (well, lack of)?

ben