Regards,
Bala

On 22 September 2016 at 02:43, Sunil Kumar Kori <sunil.k...@nxp.com> wrote:
> Hello Bala,
>

> I was looking into the issue related to IPv4 checksum update. Then After
> some browsing, I found that below patch.
>
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.network.opendataplane/6584
>

> Within this patch, ip->chksum = 0; is done wherever applicable.
>

> So got a doubt that is this instruction can be added within the API
> odph_ipv4_csum_update.

Yes. It can be added inside the function.

> Also have expectation doubt of API odph_ipv4_csum_update. Is this API is
> expected to calculate fresh checksum always ?
>
> Actually in few cases there may be requirement of incremental checksum only.
> So are these operations are expected from this API ?

Currently this API does not support incremental checksum but you can
add an additional API to handle that feature.
IMO, Since these APIs are part of helper functions adding a new API
might be easier than having multiple features in a single API.

Regards,
Bala