<2nd reply to HTML mail>

Actually, the definition of '#define ODP_UNUSED(x) (void)(x)' implementation
was never discussed. We just wrapped "__attribute__((__unused__))" of GCC.
That's why I'm questioning it here now. What if your compiler X checks for
unused params but does not support the same or similar attribute *inside*
function prototype ?

We could also remove ODP_UNUSED from the API if cast to (void) is a valid C
language feature.

Anyway, for this series I'll send a v4 with ODP_UNUSED.

</2nd reply to HTML mail>

If you wish. Alternately I can fold that into my patch that goes on top of this
one and I can review your series as-is since it otherwise looks fine and
clearly is something we want.

<3rd reply to HTML mail>

That's OK of course :) Thanks.

-Petri