On 16 March 2017 at 18:03, Nanda Gopal <nandana...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Shally,
>
> Yes, I meant Segmented packets.
>
> I am facing the issue when I try to read the Next Header from the ESP
> trailer.
> My assumption would be that the end of packet would be l3 ptr + ip->
> tot_len.
> From this , I would do go back by 1 byte to the ESP trailer ( Something
> like =>odph_esptrl_t *esp_t = (odph_esptrl_t *)(eop) - 1; )
> When I try to access the next_header in the ESP trailer, I get some
> arbitrary value but not ODPH_IPV4.
> Would segmented packets need to be handled specially?

odp_packet_t could be internally implemented using segments and it could be
stored either as linked list or scatter gather based on the implementation.
Your approach will work only if the packet is not segmented and it will not
work for segmented packets.

you have to use packet segment APIs documented in packet.h file to access
the packet.

Regards,
Bala