On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 10:55 PM, Honnappa Nagarahalli <
honnappa.nagaraha...@linaro.org> wrote:

> On 9 August 2017 at 15:54, Bill Fischofer <bill.fischo...@linaro.org>
> wrote:
> >

> > On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 10:55 AM, Honnappa Nagarahalli
> > <honnappa.nagaraha...@linaro.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>   I believe ODP_EVENT_CRYPTO_COMPL is being deprecated. I am tying to
> >> understand ODP_EVENT_IPSEC_STATUS. Are we going to have a pool type
> >> corresponding to ODP_EVENT_IPSEC_STATUS (like we have for buffers,
> >> packets and timeouts)?
> >

> > How implementations manage events is up to them. In Dmitry's IPsec
> > implementation he allocates a private buffer pool during initialization
> > hold these events.
> >
> We have a pool type for each of buffer, packet and timeout event
> types. Why is there no pool type for ODP_EVENT_IPSEC_STATUS event
> type?

Because there is no external API for allocating a pool of such type since
applications cannot create events of type ODP_EVENT_IPSEC_STATUS--they are
internal to the ODP implementation. ODP_POOL_BUFFER is the type of pool
that contains fixed-size storage blocks, which can be used internally by
ODP implementations to contain internally-driven events.