Hello and happy new year,

In our company we are looking into scaling the odp_schedule() calls.
Currently we are manually doing Receive Side Scaling, which requires one
CPU to receive all the packets and pass them to other worker CPU in a
flow-deterministic way (i.e., not spreading the packets from a TCP flow to
different CPUs). Obviously this is a bottleneck.

It would be great if ODP had optional RSS policies, which ultimately would
assign packets from the same flow to a single thread in the schedule group
(usually hashing the address tuple). Would this probably mean having
dedicated queues?

I don't know if there is something similar in ODP already which I have
missed. I'll thank any feedback!

Best regards,

--
Oriol Arcas