Bill Fischofer(Bill-Fischofer-Linaro) replied on github web page:
@@ -1346,9 +1346,7 @@ int odp_ipsec_in(const odp_packet_t pkt_in, int num_in,
* and content of packet data before the IP header is undefined. Use outbound
* operation parameters to specify the amount of TFC padding appended to
* the packet during IPSEC transformation. Options can be used also to create
- * TFC dummy packets. Packet data content is ignored in tunnel mode TFC dummy
- * packet creation as tfc_pad_len option defines solely the packet length.
- * In all other cases, payload length for the IPSEC transformation is specified
+ * TFC dummy packets. Payload length for the IPSEC transformation is specified
* by odp_packet_len() minus odp_packet_l3_offset() plus tfc_pad_len option.
Unless it has been parsed, `odp_packet_l3_offset()` is initialized to
`ODP_PACKET_OFFSET_INVALID`, so this seems an undue burden. The original
wording seems cleaner from an application perspective.
updated_at 2018-02-22 02:28:33