Has anybody on this list used a Bluetooth GPS receiver with an IPhone?
 If so, which receivers would you recommend?  How did you get
Loadstone or other programs to use data from a Bluetooth receiver
instead of the IPhone’s built-in chip?

Using the IPhone’s built-in GPS chip makes sense and works well for
most situations but there are two advantages to using a high-quality
Bluetooth receiver in my experience.  First, the IPhone’s battery will
probably last longer.  Second, Bluetooth receivers seem more accurate
in my experience.  The IPhone’s receiver does not handle the urban
canyon effect very well compared to Bluetooth receivers, although it
does much better than either a Nokia N82 or N95.

Mike Hanson