In another thread there was talk about having a website where each
loco could store all their graphics which would also be searchable and
browsable by others. Including such things as source files and any
notes about how it should be used.

Now OpenClipart.org has been using ccHost
(http://wiki.creativecommons.org/CcHost) for a long time and their use
of it seems to be exactly what we're looking for, it can handle
multiple formats of media not just images but documents, sounds and
video. Allows ratings, categorisation and above all collaboration
where each iteration and modification is linked to it's derivative so
we can see the original works. It has license management so people who
use public domain or creative commons can pick what licenses they use.

We might want to set this us as a LoCo thing or an ubuntu thing; I'd
like to hear everyones input, perhaps we could (each LoCo) have a
category where they can put all their resources instead of having a
wiki pages that needs to be maintained. One example is the South
American Free Software Party they had down there recently, they had an
amazing poster, but we couldn't find originals, svgs, pdfs and we
couldn't get responses out of the authors. very sad because it was
amazing work that would look good as a poster anywhere.

Best Regards, Martin Owens