Hi Everyone!

Happy new year!

2014 is going to be a great year for Ubuntu App Developers. We laid
down some fantastic foundations in 2013, but this year we want to
extend and grow our community in multiple directions...building a
solid, empowered on-ramp for creating awesome apps for Ubuntu.

...but we can't do this alone, we need your help!

One effort here is to work with our fantastic LoCo Team Community
(http://loco.ubuntu.com) to run a series of Ubuntu App Developer
schools across the world. We have one of the greatest advocacy
communities anywhere, so this seems like a perfect match.

Fortunately, David Planella has already created some awesome slides
and a good tutorial that these schools can work from (he did this for
a previous event), and we are here to help provide help and guidance
about how to run an event.

As such, we are looking for volunteers to run a local Ubuntu App Dev
school in your area. Doing this is as simple as:

 * Find a place to run an event and pick a date when to run it.
 * Find some other folks in your LoCo who would be interested in helping.
 * Get the material and tune it for your event if needed.
 * Promote the event locally and encourage people to join.
 * Practice the material a few times before the big day, then show up,
run the class and have fun.
 * Take lots of pictures!

The last step is really important as we would like to create a montage
of the events. :-)

So, if you are interested in participating, send me an email to
j...@ubuntu.com and mention which LoCo team you are part of and where
you would run the event, and lets make the magic happen!

   Jono

--
Jono Bacon
Ubuntu Community Manager