We use the DailyRollingAppender, defined as follows in our config file:

   <appender name="FILE"
class="org.jboss.logging.appender.DailyRollingFileAppender">

      <errorHandler
class="org.jboss.logging.util.OnlyOnceErrorHandler"/>

      <param name="File" value="<logfile>"/>

      <param name="Append" value="true"/>

      <!-- Rollover at midnight each day -->

      <param name="DatePattern" value="'.'yyyy-MM-dd"/>

       <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d %-5p [%c{1}] %m%n"/>

     </layout>

   </appender>

Several applications log to the same log file using this appender.
What's happening is when the rollover occurs at midnight, some processes
still log to the original file, which has now been renamed, whereas
others log to the main log file as they should. I'm suspecting that this
is an error on our part and we should not have multiple processes all
log to the same file, although I've heard that others do this. What's
the solution?