Guten Tag ToddA,
am Sonntag, 7. September 2014 um 02:32 schrieben Sie:

> I had used TortoiseSVN Repository Browser to download trunk and didn't
> realize it would be incomplete.

It normally isn't, it doesn't matter which client or OS you use to
checkout, you should always get the same content. Did you maybe only
checkout "src" instead of trunk?

> Just to clarify, after I did 'svn checkout' on my Linux box I transferred
> the etnire contents to Win XP. I'm still doing the build on Win XP and not
> Linux.

That shouldn't be necessary and is unsupported by Subversion as well,
you should avoid such things. Instead checkout using Tortoise again
and double check the paths you select in the browser and get
afterwards in your file system. I user Tortoise myself, there really
is no problem with checking out trunk or whatever. I even checked out
the whole directory structure with all tags and branches.

> [ERROR] C:\Documents and
> Settings\taa\Desktop\project92\apache-log4cxx-from-
> svn.140905\src\ant\common.xml:102: Execute failed: java.io.IOException:
> Cannot run program "where": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find
> the file specified
[...]
> Where do I get the program 'where'?

This is by default available on newer versions of Windows, so just buy
a Windows 8 and get happy. ;-) I removed the logic which used
where.exe, it has been introduced to make the build usable with
another compiler, but it looks as if this goal can't be reached with
the current approach anyways. So update your trunk and give it another
try.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOGCXX-421

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning