At 01:25 PM 7/27/2005, Simon Kitching wrote:

You might want to read a little rant I wrote recently about misusing
classloader hierarchies in containers. It's not entirely relevant to
your current issue but some of it might be useful:
  http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/Logging/UndeployMemoryLeak

Simon, I've enjoyed reading your article. Cognizant of the memory leak
problem you mention, the version of log4j which is currently CVS HEAD,
does "not" include a context selector based on class loaders. The only
selector which is included is based on JNDI. Unless I am missing
something, ContextJNDISelector does not cause memory leaks. Previous
versions of log4j (e.g. 1.2) did not ship with any selectors.

Regards,

Simon

--
Ceki Gülcü