At 06:51 AM 4/4/2007, Jacob Kjome wrote:

Yes, I've found the "drop log4j for logback" stuff from Ceki a bit disheartening. Well, actually I found the whole sudden split from Log4j after a vote that didn't go his way a bit disheartening. I think the vote went the correct way, but I wish we could have avoided the fallout.

For me, starting a new project was a lot worse than just "disheartening". The SLF4J vote was just the straw that broke the camel's back. After putting many many hours of work into log4j, it became increasingly painful to waste time in arguments, where opinions got asserted by the one writing the longest email. Not fun.

--
Ceki Gülcü
http://logback.qos.ch