Maybe you could fake out the getLogger() calls like

      private static final class LogLogger {
           public void debug(final String msg) {
                LogLog.debug(msg);
           }
          public void warn(final String msg) {
                LogLog.warn(msg);
          }
         public void error(final String msg, final Throwable ex) {
               LogLog.error(msg, ex);
        }
     }
     private static final LogLogger getLogger() {
        return new LogLogger();
     }

Done, nice suggestion.  Bit clunky, but works for now.

and access the "sequence number" through another private method:

    private static long getSequenceNumber(final LoggingEvent event) {
         return 0;
    }

I left this out. The discussion about what to do with sequence numbers and the 1.2 tree is probably best left for a future thread.

In DBReceiverJob.java, I'm unclear why you are doing:

Object msg = null;
msg = rs.getString(3);

instead of:

Object msg = rs.getString(3);

I tried to leave the diffs as simple as possible. You are correct; I just tried to limit the amount of text change.

p.s. Only my Aunt Louise gets to call me Curty

:-/ No idea what my fingers were doing there. I use the Dvorak layout, so the 'y' is actually the 't' key on a qwerty. I can only blame it on a high sugar condition after a can of coke.

Paul