Neither of those imply that the conversion has to be at runtime. My concern
here is that any conversion is unlikely to be 100% compatible, so providing a
tool that creates a new configuration that you can then use and modify seems
like a better way to go. It is also pretty much what Logback does so we would
be on a somewhat equal footing in that regard.

Ralph