We've established that this will need to be released before we can
officially remove the equivalent modules from the main log4j repository
(and release cycle). Since the artifacts are no longer tied directly to
log4j-api/core, we've also agreed that it makes sense to version it
separately as well. The latest releases are 2.8.1, so the next version
number proposed is 11.0. I dig the Spinal Tap reference, so let's go for it.

I know that the source and binary distributions assemblies need to be
ported over in order to properly create a release candidate. The site is
pretty bare bones, and Ralph has mentioned that he should be able to take
care of integrating it into the main site. Otherwise, I'll be ready to
start a release candidate hopefully by this weekend.

--
Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com>