It's in the log4j 1.2 release under:

    jakarta-log4j-1.2\src\java\org\apache\log4j\nt

I don't remember when it became available, so it may not be in an older
release.

Hope that helps!  I went through setting this up a while back, so let me
know if you have other questions.  I may be a bit rusty, though...  :)