Hello Scott,

Thanks.  Sounds like using transient also addresses Mark's comment
about serialization.  So, would the consensus be the following?

transient final private static Logger logger =
Logger.getLogger{MyClass.class.getName());

Jake

--
Best regards,
 Jacob                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]