Hello,

I currently work for a project which involves server side
logging of client requests.

Clients are uniquely identified by a client id.

Our customer demands different logging 'coverage' depending
on the client id:

  client "c1":
    com  ---  mycompany  ---  util
    [ERROR]                   [ALL]

  client "c2":
    com  ---  mycompany  ---  util
                              [INFO]

  Meaning for client c1 all calls from the "com.mycompany.util"
  package should be logged and all calls with level ERROR from
  beneath "com."
  For client c2 only all INFO level calls from beneath
  "com.mycompany.util"

I have the client id available in some thread-based dictionary,
so obtaining it from any point in the code is no problem.

My first id is to subclass Logger as in the MyLogger example
from the distribution and override the getEffectiveLevel() method
with some client-id sensitive code. Additionaly I will have to
create new Level classes which allow for storing log level information
depenending on a client id.

Any ideas more than welcome! Thanks in advance,
  Thomas