Can someone give a quick bit of info on the differences between Chainsaw and
LogFactor5?  e.g. when would I want to use one or the other, or what are the
pros and cons of each, etc.?

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 12:52 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: How to use Chainsaw?

You might also consider using LogFactor5.  Assuming your classpath is set up
properly with the log4j.jar and its dependencies, start it with:

java org.apache.log4j.lf5.StartLogFactor5

Craig

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 07/29/02 07:23AM >>>
Hi!

I just switched to Log4J 1.2.5 and now I'd like to try this graphical
log-viewer Chainsaw.
Where can I find some documentation about it?
Could somebody perhaps give me an example how to use it with a
XML-configuration-file, please?
So far I neither could find anything that would help me in the
documentation nor in the archive.

Thanks for any help,

Nicole

                        Please Note
The information in this E-mail message is legally privileged
and confidential information intended only for the use of the
individual(s) named above. If you, the reader of this message,
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
you should not further disseminate, distribute, or forward this
E-mail message. If you have received this E-mail in error,
please notify the sender. Thank you