You need to produce a specifically formatted file.  See the documentation at
http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/docs/lf5/readingfiles.html which describes how to do
that.

This brings up a point.  Is there a reason why LogFactor5 can not use XMLLayout
generated files?  I like some features of Chainsaw and some of LogFactor5.  Is there
an effort to unite these into a common tool?

Craig

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 07/31/02 04:05AM >>>
Hi!

What kind of files can I load with LogFactor5?
I tried a normal text-based log-file and an xml-formated log-file (the
one I can open with Chainsaw, for example) and got in both cases the
following error-message:

Error - invalid log file format.
Please see the documentation on how to load log files.

Well, I looked but I couldn't find it there ... or did I just look
wrong?

Thanks for any help,

Nicole

                        Please Note
The information in this E-mail message is legally privileged
and confidential information intended only for the use of the
individual(s) named above. If you, the reader of this message,
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
you should not further disseminate, distribute, or forward this
E-mail message. If you have received this E-mail in error,
please notify the sender. Thank you