From: Thomas Saxtoft <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 4:17 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Catching uncaught exceptions

This is really two problems, but since it is concerned with logging I give you both.

We have created a Java client, and now we wish to log all uncaught exceptions. As it
is now exceptions thrown in threads and other uncaught exceptions are written to
standard error out I believe.
I think that I could redirect all exceptions to another output, but here is the second
problem. I would like to write all these exceptions to a logger.

So my two problems are:
1. How do I catch all uncaught exceptions?
2. And how do I write them to a logger?

Thank you,

Thomas Saxtoft

only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If the reader of this
e-mail is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, any dissemination, publication or copying of
this e-mail is strictly prohibited. The sender does not accept any responsibility for
any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer system that may occur while
using data contained in, or transmitted with, this e-mail.   If you have received this
e-mail in error, please immediately notify us by return e-mail.  Thank you.