The spec is quite specific on that note. You can act
as a socket client, but not a socket server:

24.1.2 Programming restrictions
.
.
• An enterprise bean must not attempt to listen on a
socket, accept connections on a socket, or
use a socket for multicast.
The EJB architecture allows an enterprise bean
instance to be a network socket client, but it does
not
allow it to be a network server. Allowing the instance
to become a network server would conflict with
the basic function of the enterprise bean-- to serve
the EJB clients.

//Nicholas

+-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-+
>    donald h. larmee
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>                      804.301.UTOP
>                           utopian software concepts,