We use Tomcat with an application scoped class utilizing an Oracle
connection pool. In "myJDBCAppender" class I override
JDBCAppender.execute so I can construct/dispose of my own connection
(ultimately thru the pool class mentioned above). My problem is I need
to get a reference to the application class when the myJDBCAppender
class is constructed and I can't seem to determine how to do this. I
tried binding the class in the application JNDI context but Tomcat
creates this as read-only. Looking for any suggestions. //steve