Hello,

This is probably a very simple problem with a blindingly obvious
solution but I am stumped:

I am trying to use log4j in my developing environment which also relies
on jUnit and Cactus for testing.  Now, Cactus already uses log4j for its
own logging and I figured I can just add my own appenders and
definitions to the current log4j.properties file.
Ok, so i did and so my loggers instantiate correctly with the correct
appenders attached to them (I am using an old, write-directly-to-file
logging system I wrote, and I just checked all the appenders and params
that my logger has...)

In any case, when I do try to log NOTHING shows up in my log file (which
has the same config as the cactus log file).  However, when I run the
cactus test, the main function (which I suspect just runs the root
logger) does log to the file.

I am stumped, please help.  The config file follows but I suspect that
is not the problem.... (PS I added the console logger later to see if
anything would happen but nothing does.)

# Properties for configuring Log4j
# This is the configuring for logging on the JUnit side (i.e. the client
side)

log4j.appender.cactus = org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.cactus.File = cactus_client.log
log4j.appender.cactus.Append = false
log4j.appender.cactus.layout = org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.cactus.layout.ConversionPattern = %d{ABSOLUTE} [%t] %-5p
%-30.30c{2} %x - %m %n

# Any application log which uses Log4J will be logged to the Cactus and
ResumeMom log file
log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, cactus, ResumeMom

# By default we don't log at the DEBUG level for Cactus log, in order
not to generate too
# many logs. However, should a problem arise and logs need to be sent to
the Cactus dev team,
# then we will ask you to change this to DEBUG.
log4j.category.org.apache.cactus = WARN, cactus
log4j.additivity.org.apache.cactus=false

# Don't show debug logs for HttpClient
log4j.category.org.apache.commons.httpclient = WARN, cactus
log4j.additivity.org.apache.commons.httpclient=false
log4j.category.httpclient = WARN, cactus
log4j.additivity.httpclient=false
log4j.logger.com.careerfile.ResumeMom.actions.LogonAction=DEBUG,
ResumeMom, cactus
log4j.appender.ResumeMom=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.ResumeMom.File=Resumemom.log
log4j.appender.ResumeMom.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.ResumeMom.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{ABSOLUTE} [%t] %-5p
%-30.30c{2} %x - %m %n
log4j.additivity.com.careerfile.ResumeMom.actions.LogonAction=false
log4j.appender.console=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender