At 02:14 PM 3/28/2003 -0600, Jagadeesan,Sivakumar wrote:

What I suggest is:

We could include a new Element in the config file <PRIMARY/>

If this element is present then that config file should loaded by the Log4J.
This way the component providers , could include the config without this
Element. And the user in his config could have this Element and be relaxed
that his config file will be used for the logging.

I don't understand. What happens if the <primary/> element is NOT present?

I have not seen the Log4J source. This is just a suggestion

FEEDBACKS pls

--Siva Jagadeesan

Ceki