Hi,

I'm trying to use the DOMConfigurator in a J2EE application that runs in
Jboss 3.2.1.

Since I want to configure the logging per application and have more than one
application in a Jboss server running, I want a log4j-configuration.xml per
.EAR file that defines the logging of that application. My intention is to
find this XML file independent of the location, as long as it is deployed
with the EAR. But when I use
DOMConfigurator.configure(ClassLoader.getSystemResource("log4j-configuration
.xml")) I get an NPE, when I provide the URL myself hardcoded (eg
localhost:8280/testapp/log4j-configuration.xml) all works fine. But I don't
want to hardcode the URL since it depends too much on too many things, like
ports and IPs. And I also don't want to change the log4j.xml that is in the
conf directory of Jboss, as it would require too much handwork everytime I
add another application to the container.

Anybody a solution to this?

Thanks in advance,
Iwan Eising
IT-Titans
+31 611 198 184 / [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Note: The information contained in this email is privileged and confidential
information intended for the use of the addressee. If the reader of this
email is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent thereof, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error,
please immediately notify the sender listed above and destroy this message.