Howdy,
Look in the log4j sandbox CVS, there are a couple of selectors (JNDI and
ServletContext, I believe).
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-log4j-sandbox/src/java/org/apache/
log4j/selector/

These may do the whole job for you, or at least serve as examples.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

What
>I do not know how to do, is to ensure that the Container removes the
>repository / hierarchy when an EAR / EJB jar / WAR is undeployed or
>re-deployed.  I am busy asking BEA if they have looked at this.  I just
>wanted to ask if anybody else has implemented something like this for
>Weblogic.
>
>Regards,
>Andreas Bothner
>Systems Integrator
>Mobile Telephone Networks - Information Systems
>

>NOTE: This e-mail message is subject to the MTN Group disclaimer see
>http://www.mtn.co.za/email_disclaimer.asp

and notify the sender.  Thank you.