Howdy,
True.  But this is trivial, is in many of the free examples, and in the
archives of this list.

log4j.appender.f1=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.f1.File=file1.txt
log4j.appender.f1.Layout=org.apache.log4j.TTCCLayout
log4j.appender.f1.additivity=false

log4j.appender.f2=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.f2.File=file2.txt
log4j.appender.f2.Layout=org.apache.log4j.TTCCLayout
log4j.appender.f2.additivity=false

log4j.logger.com.mycompany.package1=DEBUG,f1
log4j.logger.com.mycompany.packagr2=DEBUG,f2
log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG

Or something like that...

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics