I am using the JMSQueueAppender (from the contributions) in a webapp that is deployed
on Tomcat 4.1 using Sun's jdk 1.4. When I try to write to this appender, I get the
following exception:

log4j:ERROR Could not get initial context with
[com.ibm.websphere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory] and [iiop://linudia3:2011].

log4j:ERROR Error while activating options for appender named [JMSPTOP].

javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: NULL returned when resolving initial
reference=NameService

>From researching on the web, I found out that I may have to use IBM's JDK to get this
>to work. And sure enough when I change Tomcat settings to use the IBM JDK , it works.
>Does anyone know if there is a workaround for this because the we need to use the Sun
>jdk?

Thanks..Sabitha