DE BENEDICTIS DAVIDE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > I think that I heard that 1.3 allows you to choose the number
> > of trace lines or that someone was doing an enhancement for
> > that.  Check the list archives.
>
> Yes but for the moment I have to stick with a production proven version.
> Everything is already deployed.
If you search the archives you may find that it was an enhancement to 1.2.

> > Another option is to not send the stack trace to SMS.  When
> > the person gets the SMS there probably won't be enough info
> > in the trace to be useful so they could just check email to
> > get the trace.
>
> Yes it's exactly what I'm looking for.
> But without modifying the application :-))
You don't need to modify the application unless you are configuring
log4j with code.  If you configure log4j with a file then you would
only need to modify that.

> A friend of mine who has the complete book told me that this is what the
> author wanted to do.
> Why? ;->
Because it was intended for lining up columns.  See the javadocs for
PatternLayout.

--
James Stauffer
http://www.geocities.com/stauffer_james/