Are the logs duplicated in txttools-web.log?  Are you possibly sending
logs to the console appender multiple times (at multiple levels)?

Is it automatically configured or do you call code to tell it to use
your log4j.properties?  This sounds like it is being configured
multiple times.

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 16:02:19 +0000, John Hunsley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This happens on any logging statement, log4J is configured through
> Log4j.properties, the file loks like this;
>
> log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, console , file
>
> log4j.appender.file=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
> log4j.appender.file.File=txttools-web.log
> log4j.appender.file.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
> log4j.appender.file.layout.ConversionPattern=%-5p [%t] %d{dd/MMM/yyyy
> HH:mm:ss,SSS} (%c) - %m%n
>
> log4j.appender.console=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
> log4j.appender.console.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
> log4j.appender.console.layout.ConversionPattern=%-5p [%t] %d{dd/MMM/yyyy
> HH:mm:ss,SSS} (%c) - %m%n
>
> and then I set individual packages to WARN, DEBUG etc.....
>
> thanks,
>
> John .
>

> James Stauffer wrote:
>
> >Are you reloading any web apps?  How are you configuring log4j?
> >
> >On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 14:51:31 +0000, John Hunsley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> >>Hi there,
> >>
> >>Im running an app in Tomcat5.0 on Mandrake 10.1. my logging statements
> >>seem to grow over time. When I boot up tomcat the logging statements for
> >>each thread are displayed in catalina.out as they should, but after a
> >>while each statement prints out two or three times, the thread number
> >>and timestamps are the same. In time this grows and each statement is
> >>printed out about 50 times clogging my catalina.out file. When I run the
> >>app in tomcat on Windows this doesnt happen.
> >>
> >>Any idea why this phenomenon is occuring?
> >>
> >>John.

James Stauffer