Hi,

Why everybody use xml file instead of properties file? It's twice as much typing as the properties file...
personally, the properties files look too much like voodoo for my tastes and I think the xml files are much easier to read.

Does it have any additional function? Or is there a kind of editor which makes it easier to use?
For example, you can set level range filters which have a LevelMin and a LevelMax param, which makes it much easier to create logging configurations that log all debugging and info text into one output (e.g. debug.log or stdout) and all warnings and errors into an other (e.g. error.log or stderr)

Greetings,
Thomas Kathmann