The only Log4j related code I see is logging a throwable it seems. I would
try, a combination of:

- Make sure to use the latest version of Surefire
- Try the current version of Log4J by building it from trunk and installing
it in your local Maven repo.
- Change your logging pattern to NOT log throwables.

It's a bit like going fishing...

Gary

--
E-Mail: garydgreg...@gmail.com | ggreg...@apache.org