First off let me admit that I'm a noob at both Linux and java, and log4j for
that matter.

I don't know how to package anything so my class that you see is a simple java
class which I compiled using javac.  I then run it using 'java HelloWorld'.
I'm running fedora 21.  When I do a 'yum list log4j' it says I have 2.0-1.fc21.

Thanks,
Nick